Central government on Wednesday Cabinet meeting approved 28 per cent Dearness Allowance to the central government employees and Dearness Relief for pensioners. The Actual DA and DR rates have been increased by 11 %; however the hike of DA and DR rates was almost one and half years postponed due to covid pandemic. This is the big relief for central Government employer and pensioners.
- This information makes direct benefit to the around 1.14 crore employees and pensioners said by information and broadcasting minister Anurag Thakur.
- Information and broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur also Said Gov. employer will not gaiting any arrear. This hike of DA will be shown result from the months of July.
- The increase in the DA and DR will impose an annual burden of ₹34,401 crore on the exchequer, Anurag Thakur said.
- How to Calculate DA Hike: DA is calculating on the basis of basic salary. If an Government employees get 20 thousand basic pay the hike of salary will be (20000*11) = 2200 INR. This mode this calculation will be applicable from July 1.
- The total DA and DR will remain 17% for the period of January 1, 2020, to June 30, 2021.
- In March 2020, Center Government announces to hike 4% DA and total 21% DA rate will be applicable from January 2020. But adue to Covid Pandemic this decision is postpone.
- There is a huge loss of salary because all the employees and pensioners are not gating any arrear.
- However this brief decision on this situation of economic crisis.