These days almost everyone is using mobile banking services given by the banks to their users. If you are using mobile banking service then be careful because one of most dangerous mobile virus has arrived in India which is SOVA.
The Sova virus is a new type of mobile banking malware campaign . It is a virus known as SOVA Android Trojan. Sova used to target countries such as the USA, Russia, and Spain, but later it targeted India.
This virus is extremely dangerous for Indian mobile net banking users. This virus is difficult to remove and is the fifth variant of the first known virus found in Indian cyberspace. It can encrypt all data. The country’s federal cyber-security agency reported this.
This malware disguises fake Android applications with similar logos to search engines such as Google, Amazon, and NFT platforms. Users are fooled by this version. Smart action is the key characteristic of this virus. It decodes the protection module, which aims to protect itself against different victims’ actions.
This happens when the user attempts to remove the malware from the device’s settings. The Sova virus interrupts user’s actions and returns them to their home screen. This action has a twist: the message “This app is secure” appears.
Users will be exposed to potentially dangerous situations that could compromise their privacy and security. This could lead to financial fraud and large-scale attacks on the users’ end.
Targets Of SOVA Virus
This virus infects more than 200 mobile apps that include banking apps as well as crypto exchanges, wallets, and wallets.
FEATURES OF SOVA VIRUS:
- The virus steals cookies and keystrokes from your devices.
- They take the multi-factor authentication tokens (MFA).
- Malware can take screenshots of the webcam and record videos without the permission of the user.
- It can perform gestures such as click and swipe with the android accessibility service.
- False overlays are also available in a variety of apps.
- It can also copy-paste up to 200 payment and banking applications.
- Cyberspace in India under threat
How To Secure Yourself From the SOVA Virus
- Limit your sources of download to official apps stores, manufacturers’ app stores, or operating system app stores.
- Before installing apps from the Google Play Store app, always review them. For side-loaded apps, don’t check the “Untrusted sources” checkbox.
- Updates and patches should be performed on all android devices.
- Be cautious when visiting untrusted sites or linking to untrusted sources.
- You should be cautious about unidentified email to text services that may try to conceal their true numbers.
- Only click on links that point to the website domain. To ensure that the website is genuine, users should cross-check their search by using the search engine.
- Update and install any spyware or antivirus software on your device.
- Before revealing any sensitive information, valid encryption certificates can easily be verified by clicking the green lock in your browser’s address bar.
- All unusual activity must be reported immediately to the bank.
this the all details we can share right now about the SOVA virus. we’ll update once the authority gives more details, till then stay safe and be careful while using mobile banking on your android smartphone.