Nowadays, the “ketogenic diet” or keto diet has become very popular among food-conscious people. From celebrities to ordinary people, many people are leaning towards this diet to lose weight. This diet not only reduces weight but also controls type 2 diabetes. The popularity of the Quito diet has grown exponentially in the last few years.
For those who are aware of their health and fitness, keto or ketogenic diet is a well-known name for them. There is no comparison to this diet to lose weight fast. There are some rules to follow to continue this diet which is effective in losing body-fat fast.
Only sugary foods are not allowed in this diet. No carbs are the key to this diet. Now let’s find out how effective the keto diet is to lose weight.
What Is The Ketogenic Diet?
The keto diet is actually a kind of high-fat low-carb diet. About 70 percent of the diet plan consists of fatty foods, 25 percent protein, and 5 percent calories from carbohydrates.
When you stop eating carbohydrates completely, the body goes to a special metabolic state, which is called ketosis in medical language. And since then the name of this diet is ketogenic diet or keto diet.
Carbohydrates are considered to be the body’s primary fuel source, but instead, eat more protein and fatty foods. The body’s energy deficit will be met from these sources. The body will also collect all elements from the protein and fatty foods that are needed to carry out the daily activities of the brain.
According to doctors, when the body is in the state of ketosis, a lot of fat is burned, which is why it does not take long to lose weight. Not only that, blood sugar and insulin levels are also come to normal due to not eating carbohydrate foods.
There are also many other benefits. However, it is important to know that the information available on the Internet about the Keto Diet Chart is not always accurate.
So before following the Keto diet plan, it is important to take advice from the dietitian when and what kind of Keto diet food should be eaten. If you don’t, it can have a bad effect on your body. It can even lead to a number of skin diseases such as headaches etc.
Withdrawal Symptoms of Ketogenic Diet:
If you are on a ketogenic diet, you may get the first keto-flu. Fatigue, headaches, muscle pain, nausea, irritable mood, etc. may occur. Occasionally dehydration may also occur. These are all withdrawal symptoms. The body had been accustomed to burning glucose for so long. Now it is collecting energy by burning fat in that place. So, you have to give two-three days to adjust the body!
The Process of Ketosis:
When you smell a sweet smell (or fruity smell) with your breath, much like nail polish, you realize that the body has started producing ketones. Constipation can also be a problem. Again ketosis can have an effect on the appetite hormone. As a result, there will be less hunger in the beginning. The ketosis process begins three to four days after starting the keto diet.
There are Different Types of Keto Diets:
Standard Ketogenic Diet (SDK):
It contains 5% carbs, 25% protein and 75% fat.
Targeted Ketogenic Diet (TKD):
This diet is to be followed like a standard ketogenic diet. However, sugar is added to this diet according to the type and the amount of physical activity of a person.
Cyclical Ketogenic Diet (CKD):
In this diet, you have to eliminate sugar from food five days a week and add more sugar to the other two days.
High Protein Keto Diet (HPKD):
In this method, the protein increases from 25% to 35%. It contains 60% fat, 35% protein, and 5% sugar. Bodybuilders or athletes do this kind of keto diet.
Also Read – Don’t Avoid 11 Sign and Symptoms of Cancer
Health Benefits of Keto Diet:
The good side of such a diet is that it is possible to lose weight very quickly. Although it may vary from person to person, in general, a person can lose about 5 kg in a month. Even if you eat a little, your stomach will be full. So there will be no tendency to eat again and again. According to many, this diet is very useful for diabetic patients.
Because, along with weight loss, it is also able to reduce blood glucose levels. Again, a few studies have shown that this diet can also be useful in maintaining good heart health. This is because the Keto diet lowers blood pressure, lowers triglyceride levels, and raises good cholesterol (HDL) levels.
Boosts Your Brain:
Eating foods that follow a ketogenic diet increases the capacity of neurons. With this, the levels of some enzymes inside the brain increase, which in turn increases the ability of the brain to catch the eye. Even diseases like Alzheimer’s can’t get close to the person. It also increases memory.
Keeps Heart Healthy:
By following the keto diet plan, blood sugar will be under control, the risk of blood pressure will get low. At the same time, the level of triglycerides in the blood also decreases. As a result, there is no risk of any kind of damage to the heart.
According to doctors, eating too much carbohydrate can increase triglycerides. And if carb-rich foods are not eaten at all, there is no risk of heart disease due to elevated triglycerides.
Helps To Resolve Inflammation:
After several studies, it has become clear that, by following the Keto Diet Plan, the level of inflammation in the body reduces significantly.
As a result, there is no risk of any damage to the vital organs of the body, as well as there will be a low risk of getting caught in various diseases. So there is no disagreement that the key to staying healthy is hidden in the Keto diet chart.
Reduces the Incidence of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (Prevents PCOS):
According to experts, following a ketogenic diet (keto diet chart) keeps the insulin level in the body right, which is why it does not take long for the incidence of polycystic ovary syndrome to decrease. However, a doctor should be consulted in this regard.
What can be eaten in the Keto diet? (Keto Diet Meal Plan):
Foods and Healthy Keto Snacks those are best for ketogenic diets
- Full-fat dairy products
- Egg yolk
- Flax and chia seeds
- Dark chocolate
- Cocoa butter
- Fatty fish such as salmon, tuna, tilapia, pomfret, hilsa
You can also eat cheese, cheese, low-carb vegetables such as pumpkin, pumpkin, and broccoli. 100 grams of cheese has 16 grams of protein, 21 grams of fat, and only 1 gram of carbs! So vegetarians may have regular cheese in their diet.
Chicken is also particularly useful for keto diets. You can eat olive oil, coconut oil, Greek yogurt, and berry.
Foods That you Can’t Eat in Keto Diet:
- Exclude sugar or anything sweet. Coke, fruit juice, cake, ice cream, chocolate, smoothie, and any kind of sweet are prohibited.
- Exclude rice, pasta, noodles, oats, cornflakes, and any kind of flour.
- All kinds of fruits that are sweet are forbidden. Usually, other diets have a place for fruit but the Keto diet does not. Because most fruits have a lot of sugar. You can take only 20 grams of sugar in the Keto diet. On the other hand, you can get 25 grams of sugar from a big apple.
- All types of pulses are forbidden, pulses contain a good amount of protein as well as carbohydrates.
- Potatoes, Elephant-foot Yam, sweet potato, Taro, should all be excluded.
- Any type of processed food should be eliminated.
Problems or Side Effect of the Ketogenic Diet:
- There will be less fiber due to the closure of whole-grain foods. And if the fiber is low, constipation will be a problem. Mixing 1-2 teaspoons of green leafy vegetables, nuts with a glass of water before going to bed at night reduces a lot of problems.
- The body holds less water due to fewer carbs. So water goes out of the body. Each 1 gram of carb holds 3 grams of water. So you need to drink more water to keep your body hydrated, at least 3-4 liters a day. To reduce water and mineral deficiency, 1.5-2 teaspoons of salt should be eaten daily.
- The body will not get all kinds of vitamins and minerals due to stopping fruits and grain foods. That’s why you need to take a multivitamin supplement to make up for the deficiency. One vitamin C and one multi-vitamin capsule should be taken daily.
- Carbohydrates give the body instant energy. Since there will be fewer carbohydrates, you will feel less energetic and have trouble doing cardio type workout. There is some energy loss in all weight-loss diets.
5. Multiple physical problems can occur if you do not follow this diet plan according to the exact rules. Problems such as headaches, fatigue, increased hunger, loss of sleep, dizziness, and loss of physical ability can occur.
It can also cause bad breath, muscle cramps, various stomach ailments, and kidney stones. So if there is any problem then you should seek the help of a doctor and stop the Keto diet immediately after discussing it with the dietitian.
Last Words of Ketogenic Diet:
This diet is for those who can diet with a lot more dedication. Because the carb is more than 40-50 grams, the body will break the ketosis process. Those who are confused about how many calories to make a chart will calculate their BMR and how much weight they want to lose in how much time.
It takes 3500 calories to lose 1 pound. You can keep one free day every 15-20 days. You can eat 200-300 grams of carbs that day, but keep in mind that the carbs do not come from anything like sugar. Another thing is that if you can’t diet for a minimum of 30 days, you shouldn’t do it.
Because it can be seen that in this diet you have lost 3-4 kg weight in the first 2 weeks, and then you have gone to another diet or you have given up, then there is a chance that you have gone back to your previous weight. You can do a ketogenic diet maximum three months continuously, not more.