In 2022, the NFL will again offer standalone streaming access to its NFL RedZone channel. This allows you to watch live, non-commercial football on all Sundays without having to subscribe.
However, this year’s NFL RedZone subscription does not allow you to watch the entire season on your smartphone. RedZone mobile-only subscriptions cost $35 per season. However, to view RedZone on your TV or tablet, you will need a more expensive pay TV subscription.
The mobile NFL RedZone subscription does not include NFL+. This new service allows you to stream in-market and nationally broadcast games from your phone. RedZone is available for $5 per month. Premium tiers include replays of out of market games. However, you don’t have to subscribe to either NFL+ or NFL+.
These disclaimers are over, so let’s get to the point. Here are instructions for signing up for an exclusive mobile-only NFL RedZone membership.
How to sign up NFL RedZone streaming
Download the NFL app on your Android or iPhone. You may notice a red zone option on your main screen if the NFL RedZone broadcast is in progress.
- The NFL RedZone sign up page is hidden a little deeper than the gameday one.
- The profile icon is located in the upper-right corner of your next screen. (Do not choose NFL+, as it is a separate subscription.
- Scroll down to the RedZone banner on the next page and click “Subscribe RedZone Mobile.”
- Click the “Select” button on the next page to see the full season price of $34.99
- To complete your subscription, you can use the in-app purchasing systems for the iOS App Store and Google Play.
RedZone is included in a pay TV package. You don’t have to pay extra to view it on your phone. Simply tap on your profile icon and scroll down to “Connected accounts” and then hit “Connect,” beside “TV Provider.” RedZone will be available for you to stream at no additional charge.
NFL RedZone for TVs and Tablets
The NFL does not allow standalone RedZone streaming except on smartphones, as it did with the previous season. You can’t mirror your phone screen to a TV via Chromecast and Apple AirPlay. You can get a larger-screen RedZone experience with no pay-TV package by purchasing a large phone.
You can still get RedZone via streaming TV by subscribing one of these live TV streaming service :
- SlingTV Blue ($35/month) and the Sports Extra ($11/month)
- YouTube TV (65$ per month), plus the Sports Plus ($11 per month).
- Hulu + Live TV ($70/month) and the Sports add-on ($10/month)
- Vidgo’s Plus package starting at $80 per Month
- FuboTV (70$ per month) and the Sports Plus add on ($11 per month).
These live TV streaming services will allow you to view RedZone without the need for an NFL app. You can access the channel using their respective apps on your devices, such as Roku and Fire TV, Apple TV, Apple TV and Chromecast.
Our full guide will provide more information on how to view the 2022-2023 NFL Season without cable.
Last updated September 11, 2022 to reflect the current status of NFL RedZone live TV streaming services.