Change Spotify Password: Spotify has always been the most popular music streaming service around the world and no other similar service is close to it. Millions of people are using Spotify daily to fulfill their music streaming needs.
You too might have heard to used Spotify before because this service is available as a web player, desktop, and mobile app as well and you can find out who viewed my Facebook profile easily.
The best thing about Spotify is that it is free and you can download its app right away from your respective app stores. Even though Spotify offers premium features, most of the people who are using it are on their free plan.
If you want to enjoy some extra advanced features, then you can take advantage of Spotify’s paid plans that give you the ability to enjoy the music streaming without ads and a few more useful features. If you are a music enthusiast, then you should give it a try.
By using your email account, you can register yourself on the Spotify and start using it. When you register yourself on it, you can start adding songs to your account and start creating playlists as well.
Those who are not registered with the Spotify won’t be able to store songs in their profiles. Also, if you will not register yourself on Spotify then you won’t be able to see Spotify song history that you have played with it.
This feature is not visible to everyone but we have already shared a guide on it that allows you to see your Spotify search and playing history easily. Well, after the registration, some users forget their password for Spotify and they start looking for ways to reset or change their password. If you are among them, then you have landed on the correct page.
Here in this post, we are going to tell you everything about Spotify passwords and will tell you the methods to reset or change Spotify password.
It doesn’t matter if you are using the Spotify desktop app or Spotify mobile app, because we have posted steps for both of them in this post. These methods will come handy to those Spotify users who don’t know their passwords. Even if you know your Spotify account password and you are thinking to change it, then you can follow the guide mentioned below.
There are a couple of ways available by which you can do it and the first thing you need to do is to stop panicking about it since Spotify support is always there to help. If you have done something wrong while following the methods mentioned below, then you can take the help of the Spotify support to fix everything.
How To Sign-Up On Spotify?
Before you change the Spotify account password, you must know how to sign-up on this service. Since the time Spotify was launched, the process to register on it has changed a lot. Spotify keeps changing its interface and options to keep its service from spammers.
Recently, they introduced an option that allows you to sign-up for Spotify using your Facebook account. This feature comes handy to those who don’t like filling their account details while signing up.
You can simply click on the Sign Up With Facebook button on the Spotify sign-up page and login with your Facebook account to create an account on Spotify.
You don’t have to remember your Spotify password then since you can use the same Login With Facebook option to access your Spotify account.
Also Read About: Fix Spotify Can’t Play Current Track
Things To Remember While Changing/Resetting Spotify Password
Before you change the Spotify account password, you must know about some important things. Below we have mentioned some of the most common practices that you must follow while entering your password on any service including Spotify.
- You must use symbols, numbers, capital, and small alphabets in your password.
- Do not use your mobile number or name as your password on any service.
- Do not write down your password openly anywhere, including your mobile home screen.
- Always keep 2-factor authentication enabled in your account for an extra layer of security.
- You can use Google Passwords to save your login information, so it can be accessed anywhere.
How To Change or Reset Spotify Password On Desktop and Mobile
How To Change Spotify Password On Desktop
The best method to change your Spotify account password is by using the Spotify website. If you have a desktop or laptop, and you use Spotify on it, then you can visit the Spotify website to reset your password.
The steps are very clear, and if you have used the Spotify web version for music streaming, then you can easily change your account password. If you want then you can also see Spotify song history on web.
It doesn’t matter if you are using a Windows device or one with MAC OS, the steps remain the same for both as you are going to use the Spotify website and not the Spotify desktop app.
Below we have mentioned the steps that you can follow to change Spotify password from desktop or laptop.
- First of all, visit the official Spotify website – www.spotify.com
- Click on the Log In button and enter your login credentials.
- Click on the Log In button and you will be taken to the Spotify homepage.
- Tap on Profile Down-Arrow icon and click on Account.
- Scroll down and click on the Change Password option on the left.
- You will be asked to provide your Current Password and New Password.
- Just enter your passwords in all of the fields and click on Set New Password.
- Your Spotify account password will be changed to a new password that you have entered.
How To Reset Spotify Password On Desktop
If you don’t remember your current Spotify password, then you can also reset it. The best advantage here is that you won’t be asked for any personal questions or details related to the current password if you have access to the email associated with your account.
Just follow the steps mentioned below and you will be able to reset the Spotify account password easily.
- First of all, open Spotify’s official website – www.Spotify.com
- Now click on Log In Button from the top-right corner.
- Simply, click on Forgot Your Password? option and you will be taken to a new page
- You will be asked to enter your Spotify Username or Spotify Email Address.
- So, enter any of them in the given box and click on SEND.
- A password reset link will be sent to your email.
- Open that mail and click on the Password Reset Link.
- Simply, enter a New Password for your Spotify account and click on SEND.
- Your Spotify password has been reset successfully and you can use it to log in to your account.
How To Change/Reset Spotify Password On Mobile
The option to change your Spotify password is not available on the Spotify app for mobile devices, so you will have to reset the password of your account.
It doesn’t matter if you remember the current password of your Spotify account or not, because you will not be asked for it while resetting the password. As you have seen above, Spotify password reset steps are very simple and don’t ask you for any verification.
You just need to have access to your email or phone in order to get a password reset link. Then you can also make a Spotify Mini Player once your account start working again.
Once you have got the link to reset your Spotify password, you can click on it to enter your new password, and then it can be used to log into the app. Here are the steps that you can follow to change or reset the Spotify password from Android and iOS devices.
- First of all, open the Spotify app (you will be logged in automatically).
- Then click on Gear Icon on the Top-Right Corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and click on the Support option (just above the Log Out option).
- Now a web browser will open with the Spotify Support option page.
- Click on Can’t Log In or Reset Your Password option.
- Some steps will be shown to you with a link to the Password Reset Tool.
- Just click on Password Reset text and then you will be taken to a new page.
- You will be asked to enter your Email or Username associated with the Spotify account.
- Enter it in the box and click on the SEND Button.
- A password reset link will be sent to your email.
- Click on that link and a web page with New Password Option will be shown.
- Enter your new password in the fields and click on the Send Button.
- Your Spotify account password has been reset successfully.
So this is how to change Spotify’s password and we hope you are able to do it on your own. It doesn’t matter if you want to reset Spotify password or change it, you can follow the steps we have mentioned above to do that.
Those who are not able to change or reset their Spotify password can also visit the Spotify Help section to get help from the Spotify support related to it. Also, you may need to provide some personal information or answer a couple of security questions so they can verify your account and identity.
If you know about any other way to change the Spotify password, then please let us know too so we can include it to this list. If you are facing any issues in changing your Spotify account password or resetting it, then you can ask us about it via the comments below.