How To Install Windows 11 on Unsupported PC: Microsoft has already released the latest version of Windows, Windows 11, and it has some fascinating features available, with all its new updates and everything. The ability to integrate your windows seamlessly with Android apps and the design overhaul were some of the things that were changed in the update. Now, you can easily download Windows 11 without any problems, directly from the store. But, it’s not all strawberries and flowers with the new update of Windows 11. The major problem with this update was that Microsoft decided to change the hardware requirements for the new version, and made it possible for only those users that have compatible devices.
This is exactly why you cannot update your PC, because of the fact that your processor would not be compatible. To check the compatibility of your device, Microsoft has now added a new function called the ‘PC Health Check’. Before the update, the PC would itself check itself of its compatibility with Windows 11, and then after it has diagnosed that it does have the proper specification needed for Windows 11, it would automatically install the update. This article would make it possible for you to install Windows 11, on your PC. Make sure that you follow everything step-by-step to ensure that you have zero errors in the process.
How To Install Windows 11 On Unsupported PC [4 Methods]
Method #1. By Replacing appraiserres.dll File
The best way to install Windows 11 is by using its official ISO file that can now be downloaded from the Microsoft website itself. If you have already downloaded it and tried installing it but getting a “This PC Can’t Run Windows 11” error, you need to get rid of the appraiserres.dll file. It is basically a Compatibility Appraiser Supplemental Resources file that is required to run certain Windows apps including Windows 11. Here’s how you can replace this DLL file and install Windows 11 without any worries and errors.
- First of all, download Windows 11 ISO file from the Microsoft website.
- Once done, right-click on the ISO file and extract its contents.
- Click on the Setup.exe file and try installing Windows 11. Most probably, you will get an error message like below. If yes, then you can follow these steps to bypass it.
- Download appraiserres.dll file from this link – Download appraiserres.dll File.
- Open the extracted Windows 11 folder and navigate to the “Sources” folder inside it.
- Copy and Replace the newly downloaded appraiserres.dll file into the Sources folder.
- Once it is done, run the Windows 11 Setup.exe from the extracted folder and you will be able to install Windows 11 without any errors.
Method #2. Bypass TPM and SecureBoot Check
Since this method allows you to bypass the windows requirement, you would have to make a registry edit for your computer. This process is a bit risky, and you should proceed with caution. Also, make sure that you have a backup of all your personal files because there might be a chance that if you do anything wrong, you would at least have all your files safe with you. Since your device is not compatible with the new update, it won’t be able to bypass the TPM 2.0 requirement, if you update it directly. This is why let us bypass this requirement first. The steps for this are as follows:
- Click on the Start, or press the Windows button on your keyboard.
- Type ‘Regedit’ and click on the Registry Editor app to open it. You can also open RUN and editor the command into it.
- Paste ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup’ in the address bar to go to the set-up options.
- There would be an option to create a new key here. Right-click to make one with the name LabConfig.
- Now add the following DWORD keys to this folder.
- Open both entries and set their Value as 1.
- Make sure that you save this registry edit, and then try to re-install the new update.
By following the above procedure you would be able to bypass the TPM 2.0 requirement, and now you just have to install Windows 11 on your device. The next thing that we are going to do is to apply a script on your Windows 11, so that this script would help you bypass the ‘Windows Insider Program’, regardless of whether your device is compatible with the update or not.
Also Read How To Uninstall Avast Antivirus
Method #3. Use Universal MCT Wrapper Media Creation Tool
Universal MediaCreationTool is a working way to get Windows 11 ISO for clean installation. Even if you are thinking of upgrading your Windows 10 PC to Windows 11, you can use this too. Remember that this is not an official tool to create Windows 11 installation media, but you can use it without any worries. Always consider using the latest versio for best results and you can download it right from its GitHub page. Here’s how you can use Universal MediaCreationTool to download and install Windows 11 on unsupported PC without any replacements or whatsoever.
- Download Universal MediaCreationTool from its GitHub page – https://github.com/AveYo/MediaCreationTool.bat
- Extract the compressed file and click on the MediaCreationTool Batch file.
- The command will run through Windows PowerShell.
- A list of all available options will appear on your screen.
- Click on 11 to download Windows 11.
- A new pop-up will appear on your screen, click either on Create ISO to download Windows 11 ISO file or click on Create USB to create Windows 11 bootable USB drive.
- Wait for the Universal MediaCreationTool to complete the download and creating the ISO file.
- The downloaded file can be found in the main Universal MediaCreationTool folder.
Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool will shut down immediately after downloading Windows 11, and Universal MCT toll will produce an ISO/USB that can be used to install Windows 11 without TPM.
Method #4. Using The OffInsiderEnroll Script
OffInsiderEnroll script is very powerful to override restrictions, and you can enroll yourself in the ‘Windows Insider Program’, from the Dev channel, without having to use your Microsoft account. You can use this script with any local account too. So, make sure that you download this script and use it by following the steps below:
- Go to the GitHub website, and download the OffInsideEnroll script – Download OffInsiderEnroll Script.
- Open the downloads folder, right-click on the downloaded file and select Run As Administrator.
- A command window will open, and ask you to choose between the different ‘Windows Insider Programs’.
- You will have to press “1” as you need to enroll in Dev Channel.
- Input 1 and hit the enter button and wait for the function to be over.
- Once done, reboot your device.
Now that you have bypassed the requirements needed for downloading the new update, you would be able to download it directly from the main website in your settings. If you do not know how to install the new update, Go to your settings, and select ‘Check for Updates. If you haven’t updated your device to the latest version available in the market, you would be prompted with a dialogue window to download the new update.
If you do not know anything regarding the requirements needed for this update, you can directly go for this in your settings, and then try to update your windows. If you cannot succeed in updating, it is possible that your device does not meet the requirements needed for the update. So follow the steps mentioned above, and you would be able to get the update in no time.
- Read 0x0 0x0 error
Final Words How To Install Windows 11 on Unsupported PC
Since Microsoft has released the new update, there has been a huge increase in the sales of processors, because of the requirements that this update needs. But, not everybody can afford a new processor, and you cannot certainly change your PC every time the OS gets an update. Since this operating system has been tweaked so many times, and it is just an OS, it is possible for you to install Windows 11 on an unsupported computer without TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot.
Without having to change your processors, simply by changing the command needed for the requirements. Follow the steps given above, and make sure that you match your screen with the images provided so that you do not have to worry about the update. Although the registry process is risky, it is worth the price, because you won’t have to get a new processor just for the update. Also, the last warning, make sure that you do back up all your files before starting this process.